Online Doula Training
For our 120th Doula Training
Doulaing The Doula is going virtual!
Magic, Inspiration, Education and Transformation
from your own space!
Doulaing The Doula is known for high quality, information intensive, inspirational learning experiences.
This is NO exception!
We’ve spent months adapting learning activities and curriculum so that we get it right.
You will receive:
- Small group discussion and learning experiences
- Visual variety in presentations – (not just a talking head in a circle over a powerpoint!)
- 350+ page resource manual (print and electronic)
- Doulaing the Doula swag
- Learning activities and supplies
- Your own copy of the Stages of Labor activity
- Develop long-lasting relationships with other participants
- Informal opportunities to chat and ask questions with your trainer, Amy Gilliland
- Training assistants are experienced birth doulas representing a wide variety of backgrounds and communities (North Dakota; Wisconsin; rural; city; Black culture; White culture; religious; not religious; queer; mainstream; and so forth) Everyone is welcome in DTD space and receives learning support!
- Have a maximum of 1 to 7 training assistant to participant ratio
- Opportunities to ask questions and build community
- Professional technology assistant available during the entire training
- Local referrals to practice “hands on” skills whenever possible
- Assigned chat room moderator so I can receive your questions and be accessible to you
- Schedule optimized for your “learning brain” to assimilate information minimizing overwhelm
- A fully planned preparation period of edutaining activities to do on your own before we gather as a group (8 hours or so)
- Specific instructions for a “learning helper” in your “safety circle” to assist in practicing hands on activities
- Reassurance knowing you can get a fabulous doula training in the midst of a pandemic – with no exposure risk
- Specific strategies for adapting an “in person” practice to supporting families virtually prenatally and during labor
- A personally autographed copy of The Heart of The Doula: Essentials for Practice and Life
- An autographed copy of a 2nd book Dr. Gilliland has written a contributing chapter (Nurturing The Family; Round The Circle; Doulas and Intimate Labour)
- An amazing DTD box filled with items to begin your new doula career carefully selected by Dr. Gilliland
- Alumni discounts on future online and in person continuing education events for two years (currently 12 courses rotated)
- Ground shipping of your training manual and learning supplies via UPS or FedEx is included
Your Investment is $750.00. Reserve your space with a $200 deposit! That’s all for a 40 hour fully designed course by an expert doula trainer AND a new career! You can recoup your training costs with your first one or two clients!
(Your supply box is sent once complete payment has been made. See course policies for information about scholarships, cancellation, babies, etc.)
Introduction to Childbirth for Professionals: Thursday and Friday, October 29th and 30th, 10:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. Central Time (Chicago) (tentative, confirmed by Sept 14th)
Birth Doula Training: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, November 5-8th, 10:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. Central Time (Chicago)
Are you a birth doula trainer? A trainer’s track is coming in 2021! Learn how to incorporate what Dr. Gilliland has discovered about the learning brain, the laboring brain, individual and group process, teaching essential doula skills, incorporating medical anthropology, challenging classroom situations, unlearning ingrained white supremacy in the classroom, and preparing new doulas for the realities of the complex tasks they are taking on. The trainer’s experience will incorporate additional discussion time, tasks, and long term support for each cohort. “Doulaing The Doula Trainer” will be launching in 2021!